Taq Polymerase Standard (5u/ull)
Taq DNA Polymerase is a highly thermostable DNA polymerase of a thermophilic bacterium Thermus aquaticus. Taq DNA Polymerase catalyzes 5’=>3′ synthesis of DNA. The enzyme has no detectable 3’=>5′ proofreading exonuclease activity and possesses low 5’=>3′ exonuclease activity. This enzyme adds a single 3′-A overhang to each end of the PCR product, which can be applied to T/A cloning. The recombinant Taq DNA Polymerase is ideal for standard PCR of templates 5 kb or shorter.
- Storage Buffer 20mM Tris-HCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA,100mM KCl 50% glycerol, 0.5%NP40, 0.5%TW20
- 10×PCR Buffer 750 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.8 at 25°C), 200 mM KCl, 50 mM (NH4)2SO4, 15mM MgCl2, 0.5% NP-40
- Unit definition One unit is the amount of enzyme required to catalyze the incorporation of 10 nmol of nucleotides into acid insoluble material in 30 min. at 74°C under assay conditions.
- PCR amplification of DNA fragments up to 5 kb
- DNA labeling and DNA sequencing
- PCR for cloning
- Quality Control
- No contaminating endonuclease or exonuclease activity detected
- Functionally tested in PCR