BAC Clone Picking
Using QPix and QBot robotic colony picker, the colonies are individually picked and grown in a freeze-thaw safe medium in 96-well or 384-well plates. These plates are securely sealed first with an sterile aluminum film and then covered with lids for extra protection. The plates are safe for -80°C storage.
We also accept ‘PICKING ONLY’ projects. Customers may prepare the library and send the plates/library to us for picking.
- Spread the plates with library clones at a density of 2000 to 2500 clones per 22.5 cm x 22.5 cm Q-Tray.
- Grow the clones for 12 hours followed by transferring them at 4°C.
- Seal the plates with parafilm
- Wrap each plate with saran wrap (thin plastic wrap)
- Place the bubbled foam at the bottom of the carton. Now stack the plates in the batches of four plates per rack and place them in the carton box.
- Place additional foam on top of the plates.
- Ship the plates in the evening at RT for overnight delivery in the morning.
- After receiving, we will inspect the plates and place them at 4oC or incubator as needed.
To receive a custom quote, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!Receive a Quote